Wednesday 26 July 2017

War of the Planet of the Apes (2017)

If you haven't watched the previous two films you may miss a few things but not many the best recap can be said mainly by this quote by Ernest Hemmingway
"All things truly wicked start from innocence"
except with the knowledge that it wasn't innocence which carried on the war between man and ape. There were truly cryable moments and hilarious moment with introduction of a new Ape only named in self-reference as "Bad Ape" as that is what humans used to shout at him when he was in the zoo.
For those who wondered if the Apes were using proper sign-language like I did at the start, they are in fact using ASL (American Sign Language) to which I started to learn despite being English (picked it up from American TV shows) which to me felt a great achievement as I understood quite a bit of the conversations between Apes.
With Woody Harrelson being the featuring villain made it a new attitude I felt towards him as an actor as he tends to play the same or similar role and by taking this role he definatley shows that he is bridging out a bit.

I rate this terrific drama a 17/20.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment